"J" Builders Plates

Sun Sep 20 08:51:18 EDT 2009

I have a small foundry in my backyard, at which I pour aluminum,
brass and bronze. Though I mainly pour parts for my 1/8th scale RR
hobby, I have occasionally poured builders plates. If you have an
original to use as a pattern, a builders plate is one of the easiest
castings to make.

I bought a plaster replica of a "J" plate on the internet a couple of
years ago. It is my intention to not only duplicate that plate in
metal, (so I can use it outdoors) but by changing the numbers, pour
all the "J" series in bronze, when I find the time.

Because they are so easy to copy, it certainly is "BUYER BEWARE" for
builders plates.