High Bridge

Thu Sep 17 18:01:41 EDT 2009

I don't think they wasted any time once they got the go-ahead. Except for a
few hundred yards west of Burkeville, which the railroad appeared to be
using for car storage, and a few hundred yards east of Pamplin, which I
believe serves a pulpwood yard, It was all up by January when I made a
circle drive all around the mainline (sorry, Farmville line) and beltline
just to see what it looked like. For someone who grew up in Farmville it
was pretty depressing.

Sam Putney

Sent: Wednesday, September 16, 2009 2:41 PM
Subject: Re: High Bridge