CONVENTION MEMORIES

Mon Jul 13 11:52:11 EDT 2009

Jerome, They can't be to big of a majority or they wouldn't have lost!

Charlie

Subject: CONVENTION MEMORIES
Date: Monday, July 13, 2009, 12:53 AM

Hope all of you enjoyed Roanoke as much as I did. Thanks to all of those who continue staging our 'annual' at such a high level. I skipped the tours; have done them on previous visits. Instead focused on my own interests; track arrangements, bridges, some structures. Went to Wabun/Singer for another close look at the ex-VGN skewed truss bridge. Didn't get close; much more overgrowth now than 5 years ago made it risky..

Enjoyed meeting Tom Dixon; liked his comment that modelers are by nature the core of historic preservation. Brings a couple of NWHS members to mind.

Struggled with northbound I-81 traffic on the way home. Must have been liberals on their way to D.C.: limping along in the left lane; holding everything else up; ignoring the majority.

Jerome Crosson