Train Ride for a Cure

Wed Jul 8 00:05:17 EDT 2009

As many of you know my wife Patty is undergoing her sixth bout with Cancer. She is an avid rail traveler and has worked with many rail events in the mid-Ohio Valley.

A scenic railroad is sponsoring a Ride for the cure with all proceeds going to the American Cancer Society. This is being run this August. If possible I ask that you consider attending this event. The fact that a scenic railroad is doing this may blind my site a little because Patty and I do love train travel so much. That aside, I am praying that a cure for all forms of Cancer will come someday even if it will not be in time for my wife. NO ONE deserves to go through the hell that she has gone through and is now again going through.

I am posting the information on this event below for your view and hope that if you can't attend you will consider donating to this cause. I realize the calls on your purse are heavy as they are on each of us. It is a call that I make on you that I would never do unless I believed that all things are possible with God.

The folks at the Hocking Valley Scenic Railroad in Nelsonville are hosting a Ride for a Cure on Saturday August 22, at 6:30 PM. General Admission is $12. and covers a ride of the entire line.

For reservations or additional information call: 1-800-967-7834 or in Ohio: 740-753-9531 or use their website
www.hockingvalleytrain.com

The Hocking Valley Scenic is the former C&O line running out of Columbus to Nelsonville, O. This line was part of the Hocking Valley Railroad which was purchased by the C&O railroad in the 1920's ( I think)

Thanks or reading and any consideration is appreciated by me. Don Mills