help with names

Wed Jul 1 21:56:09 EDT 2009

Pete:

WAB = Wabash
Correct on Pittsburgh & West Virginia
ACY = Akron, Canton and Youngstown
W&LE = Wheeling and Lake Erie

Hmmmm.....your "now N&S" remark bears commenting....Norfolk and Southern -
"N&S" - was the original name of the OLD Norfolk Southern, the Norfolk to
Charlotte via Elizabeth City etc line that eventually got absorbed into the
Southern and whose whole name was "borrowed" for today's "big" Norfolk
Southern. To the best of my knowledge, today's Norfolk Southern is NEVER
referred to as "N&S."

But you knew that, of course.....

Best,

Dave Phelps

In a message dated 7/1/2009 8:02:41 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,