N&W in 1909--Pumping Station

Fri May 8 09:06:18 EDT 2009

When I lived in Bluefield, VA (as Graham is now known, of course) Beaver
Creek literally flowed through our back yard. When the builder developed
about a half dozen lots along South College Avenue just outside the Bluefield,
VA city limits, he bulldozed a new channel for Beaver Creek that put it
hard against the south side of the valley, thus giving room to build houses
on the lots. That was fine unless we had a cloudburst, in which case the
creek asserted itself and flooded most of the valley, once within three feet
of the back of our house.

Gordon, your newspaper extracts do bring back memories, Thank You!

Dave Phelps

In a message dated 5/8/2009 6:56:04 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,