Shenandoah Division dispatchers and operators

Mon Apr 6 19:31:13 EDT 2009

There were several Fitzgeralds on the N&W.? As I recall,
one was Chief Dispatcher on the Norfolk Division, but
Shenandoah Division's Chief was also a Fitzgerald.
I've forgotten his first name.? Here was a man that
followed the philosophy "you gotta know the territory".
Yes, he could have done his job without ever leaving
his office in the freight station, but every year, he
spent his money and a week of vacation riding the
locals to keep himself acclimated to the changes on
the division.