W2 reference help needed

Mon Apr 6 08:27:32 EDT 2009

IN "N&W Giant of Steam" by Jeffries page 94 states the At least seventeen
were equipped with Baker valve gear and 9 got Schmidt super heaters. Sorry I
do not have the spotting features down to id Baker gear vs. others. The
Jeffries book has at least 4 photos of W2's with one, the 788 having a
decidedly different arrangement than the others.

R.D. Williams