N&W Caboose #562764 (Ex-Wabash 2764)

Thu Apr 2 19:27:19 EDT 2009

Hi,

I'm doing research on N&W #562764 currently located on display in Lebanon, Ohio. One of the pages I've read lists it as part of the C-17 class used on the N&W. Does anyone have any details about this class? I haven't had a whole lot of luck in my Googling. I'm curious about the class itself and how some of them made their way to the Indiana and Ohio. Dates or date ranges are always a plus, as well as any images of this caboose or her siblings anyone may have.

Here's a couple of images of the caboose before its restoration:

http://home.frognet.net/~mcfadden/wd8rif/img/nw_c2.jpg
http://caboosepics.multiply.com/photos/photo/9/9

It has since been restored (sans-N&W logo) and is being used by the City of Lebanon for safety classes and as a community meeting place.

Thanks in Advance,
Kyle Montgomery