Bluestone Extension

Sun Mar 15 20:27:47 EDT 2009

The theory that I had heard was that the N&W expected that at some point in time that the route over Clark's Gap would become cost in-effective and that an alternate route for EB's would be needed. Additionally, during the rebuild/upgrade of the line btw Deepwater and Elmore in the 2000's the expected traffic off of the ex-CR would also cause early bridge fatigue on a couple of the bridges between Princeton and Kellysville and that NS wasn't trying to figure out financing the replacement of said bridges, since they had an escape route.

I don't know how much of this is true, but it is rumor that I've heard.

Regards,

Russ Goodwin