CONCRET WATER TANKS- Radford

Sat Mar 7 23:37:31 EST 2009

Thanks, Bud and Gordon, for the photos - I was previosly unaware of these kinds of water tanks.

It's not surprising that they are still standing. I can't imagine demolition would easy.

What were the advantages of concrete? Maintenance?

Matt

Sent from my phone

Charlie,

You're right and the tank is still here. I took a photo of it this AM which is attached. It had a 250K gallon capacity and was built in 1920.

Good to hear from you.

Bud Jeffries

[Moderator]
See image at following: