Columbus District Singletracking?

Wed Feb 25 16:13:46 EST 2009

Since you would have the same number of trains, how would that reduce wear and tear on the bridge? Reduce maintenance costs? Yes! Also, reduce taxable value of the property. Jim Nichols
Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 11:44 AM
Subject: Re: Columbus District Singletracking?

Chillicothe-Scioto contains the crossing of the Scioto River, presumably this was done to reduce wear and tear on the bridge? Omega-Lunbeck I never realized this was ever doubled. All I can say is it is a remote, curvy stretch down near the river, if that has anything to do with it. Maybe to reduce maintenance costs? Good question, I hope someone will have more on this. I dispatch this part of the railroad.

Keith Baker
Fort Wayne, IN