Location of Eggleston Station

Sun Feb 22 10:50:36 EST 2009

On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 11:20 PM, Gordon wrote:

> I, Gordon Hamilton, received the following from a friend, Reid Garst,

> Yes, the N&W Station at Eggleston was between the Rail Tracks and New

> River. Is was about 10 yards upstream of where the old bridge was.

There are two station photos (undated) in the VT imagebase -- see
http://spec.lib.vt.edu/imagebase/norfolksouthern/full/ns216.jpeg
http://spec.lib.vt.edu/imagebase/norfolksouthern/glass_plates/screen/03GP0469.jpg
(the glass plate appears to be an uncropped version of the first one).

Looking at the background, one sees in the left side trees and the river
instead of the hillside one would see if the station were on the side of
the tracks away from the river.

Bruce in Blacksburg