Taking Twenty with the VGN Brethren Wednesday Feb. 11, 2009

Fri Feb 13 12:51:10 EST 2009

Reminds me of my experience in summer of 1953. My father and the Pocahontas
Division Roadmaster had made arrangements for me to work the summer as a
relief Roadmasters Clerk. After I had passed my physical (needed glasses),
we learned that a clerk on the Scioto Division who was out of work had
kicked for the position. He had seniority; I didn't. I ended up working the
summer on section #1. I was the only new hire that summer.
Jim Nichols