Jim Nichols: Photo of Tennessean , May/June '98 Arrow

Mon Feb 2 15:04:35 EST 2009

Don do you have or know of a similar analysis of the Southerner car assignments. Cal Reynolds
Sent: Monday, February 02, 2009 1:20 PM
Subject: Re: Jim Nichols: Photo of Tennessean , May/June '98 Arrow

Jim and all,
Frank Greene just sent me this which is great. It will take a while to go through it.
Don Yelverton

Bill Pollard compiled a matrix listing accommodations assigned to the Tennessean from 1941 - 1966: http://www.cbu.edu/~mcondren/MRP/Tennessean/Tennessean-car-assignments.htm

The matrix shows 14 roomette - 4 double bedrooms appearing in the May 1950 Official Guide, but heavyweight cars as late as 1959 (New York-Memphis 10sec-3dbr).

Sent: Monday, February 02, 2009 12:01 PM

Thanks for this information, as it answers a question I had about how long the silver paint lasted. Yes, the photo is earlier than 1944 - possibly as early as late 1941. The J pulling the train dates it as no earlier than October 1941. Jim Nichols
----- Original