James N. Gillum Memorial Archives Fund

Sat Dec 20 08:41:10 EST 2008

All,

I'm certain that many of you have already made a contribution to the Memorial Archives Fund established in Jim's name.

I'm sitting here this morning writing my check for my donation. I realize that times are tough for many of us with the economy issues and the holiday season upon us.

But what better way to remember and honor the man who made our Society the great organization it is today. I had the privilege of working with Jim for many years in my various capacities with the Society. Although we butted heads on more than one occasion, there was never any doubt in my mind that Jim always had the best interests of the Society foremost in his mind. His ability to see the big picture was truly unique.

So I am asking each and every one of you to make a donation to the Archives Memorial Fund to honor and remember Jim, especially this time of year. He made us all feel like family. Jim wouldn't care the amount of your donation and would be flattered that you thought to contribute.

So, in my case, I'll forego some new freight car model purchases and make a contribution. I'm sure if you give it some thought, you can find something that you can do without right now to make your contribution.

Jim's role and contributions can never be replaced by anyone; our contributions to his fund will allow his passion for the Archives to continue.

Best wishes for a happy holiday season, and a healthy new year.

Jim Brewer
Glenwood MD