Archives- HOW TO CONTACT

Wed Dec 17 11:06:17 EST 2008

Charlie: At the moment, we do not have the Archives listings linked back to
the Commissary section of the website for 'simple' ordering. (Cuz it isn't
simple!)

Short term, pick out the drawings you are interested in by their NUMBER
(don't leave out any of that number) and list them on an email message to
'archives at nwhs.org' . It wouldn't hurt to list the drawing description too
to prevent any uncertainty. Send that message off to the archives
volunteers who will get back to you in a message that will indicate what
drawings have been copied for you and how to begin the purchase transaction
in a secure way between to you and the Archives.

Note that the VOLUNTEERS work three to four days a month during the Archives
sessions doing research, filling orders for prints, logging in material and
providing tours as required. It can take 6-8 weeks to fill an order for
prints.

Right now the N&W "elves" are working flat out to fill Christmas orders, so
drawing orders for Christmas delivery are "iffy".

NOTE THAT THE PRICES FOR DRAWINGS ARE ON A LINK ON EACH OF THE DRAWING
PAGES. LARGE DRAWINGS (G, H, J, AND MOST VGN DRAWINGS) CAN BE ODDBALL SIZES
AND HAVE TO BE QUOTED TO YOU SEPARATELY. THESE ARE QUOTED AFTER A 'PER
SQUARE INCH' ESTIMATE HAS BEEN MADE FOR EACH OF THE INDIVIDUAL DRAWINGS.
YOU CAN USE THE LISTED PRICES FOR G'S, H'S AND SO ON AS A GUIDE TO WHAT YOU
CHARGES MIGHT BE. THE N&WHS AIMS TO MAKE THE DRAWINGS AVAILABLE AT A
REASONABLY LOW COST AND NOT AT HUGE PROFIT MARGIN.

Drawings are typically shipped in a roll unless the drawings are "A" size
(8-1/2 x 11") where an envelope may be used.

We are now listing "FILES" as "Hollinger" boxes which are groups of
correspondence and drawings covering a particular topic, such as the
construction, lease or sale of an industrial spur, AFE's , retirement of
facilities and other topics. Send a message off to the archives with an
inquiry. These files can be a few sheets to many, many pages of stuff.

Gary Rolih

Secretary N&WHS

_____