NWHS Photo Books

Tue Dec 9 14:17:14 EST 2008

The NWHS Publications department in looking into the feasibility of
publishing a series of photo books and would to offer NWHS members and other
railfans to have their pictures published by the society. One of the
projects we are considering is a series of books about the N&W in the 21st
century. This will be pictures of trains using the former N&W
infrastructure from 2000 to 2008. WE hope for a series of books along the
line of:

The N&W in Ohio in the 21st Century
The N&W in the Mid-West in the 21st Century
The N&W's Pokey Division in the 21st Century
The N&W in the East in the 21st Century

We are also considering a series of books from 1982 through 1999 probably
along the same line as the N&W in the 21st Century and a series of books on
the N&W before the merger.

The NWHS offers no renumeration to anyone other than a photo credit. A
caption for the picture would be great, but as a minimum please include the
date and location of the shot along with your name and address. There are
two ways to get your photographs or slides to us.

By email to aschust2 at comcast.net

We need 300 dpi Tiff formats for photographs and 2800 dpi Tiff formats if
you are scanning slides.

Our preference however if is to get the original slide or photograph and we
will scan it at the archives and send the slide/photograph back to you.
Please send your slide/photograph to:

N&WHS
PO Box 13908
Roanoke, VA 24038-3908

We are looking for pictures of trains, structures, engines, rolling stock,
yards, etc. Our objective is to have enough pictures to publish books along
the lines of:

Structures of the N&W
Freight Cars of the N&W
Passenger Trains of the N&W
etc.

The NWHS appreciates your help in this society project. We are also looking
for volunteers to edit some of the books for us. Anyone interested in being
a book editor contact me at: aschust2 at comcast.net

Alex Schust
Publications Department