Tender anomaly

Tue Nov 25 18:54:10 EST 2008

I was reading in Vern French's "Williamson" book about tenders. It mentioned that the chapter was adapted from an article by Jim Nichols in the Mar./Apr. 1978 N&WHS "Newsletter".

I went searching for Jim's article in "The Arrow" and low and behold the Arrow didn't start until 1985. So then thinking that the "78" may actually have meant to be "87", I found that there is no Mar/Apr. 1987 issue either! I had to do some doubletakes and back tracking to find that what should be the Mar./Apr. Vol.3, No.2, 1987 issue is actually dated 1986!

Anyway, I still haven't found Jim's article about tenders.
Jimmy Lisle