Photo Archive Resource and a Mystery

Fri Aug 29 07:53:26 EDT 2008

"Spec is just a mile or two north of Lithia, VA."

Of course Richard meant to say "South" of Lithia and the Fringer Store is south of this site also.

How very "ESP"ish it is that this photo shows up when it did. As I was passing through Fringer a few days ago, I was wondering about how two concrete structures fit in to the operation of the tomato factory. Now, it is clear that the two are concrete pilings for the Spec Mine tipple. The way things have grown up, you would never suspect that a tipple operation such as this went over the hill like that.

Jimmy Lisle