NS SD40s @ Cresson, PA

Tue Aug 26 11:51:54 EDT 2008

Hey Guys,

Y'all certainly have an active and most interesting website.? I'm an engineer on CSX (old A-Line) running between Acca?& Florence, SC.? Our ranks of SD40s in the "8000" series are really thinning out.? My younger?brothers who catch them cuss 'em like a hound dog but they know little about what a significant unit they're aboard.

Anyway, I know it's not news to?you guys but I noticed a bunch of apparently rebuilt NS SD40s pushing up the old PRR grade west of Gallitzin, PA.? I live in Waynesboro, VA?and was wondering if there was anywhere else that NS uses SD40s in significant numbers to make the effort to photograph.? Got some vacation time in Oct. that I'd like to see some SD40s in action.

Thank you very much.

Dale W. Diacont