History Lesson 101

Sun Aug 24 14:27:43 EDT 2008

Bob--
You and Jerry are both correct, and thank you for the appropriate comments.
Those of us who try to write meaningful articles for the Arrow (and my
efforts at Talk Among Friends) want them to be as accurate as possible. It is the
obligation of an Historical Society to strive in that direction. But often
the references we consult are either incomplete or just simply wrong. And
sometimes we inadvertently write things down incorrectly. Our publications
committee reviews each issue thoroughly trying to catch as many of these
mistakes as possible. But, inevitably, a few errors do creep through. I think most
of our authors welcome constructive criticism and corrections in the
interest of making our publications the best we can make them. So, anyone out there
finding mistakes...please send letters to the editor (Bob Hundman,
_currently... hundman at comcast.com_ (mailto:hundman at comcast.com) ), so that we can set
the record straight.
Sincerely,
Bucky Wilson