Last N&W diesel heading to scrap (NW Mailing List)

Tue Aug 19 18:11:31 EDT 2008

Robb
I do applaud your efforts in trying to save the 8551 all though
personally I agree with Jimmy Lisle
and Roanoke Shop people that I have talked too, That they were junk and an
embarrassment to GE
who could never get them to work very well.
I just don't thank suggesting on this list that someone call Wick Moorman
or posting Tim Janes phone
number is proper way to go about it. The time to involve Wick was when the
locomotive sat in the dead
line at the shops (and their was plenty of time) not after Progress Rail bid
and got it. And if I were working
for Progress Rail and 50 foaming railfans call me to suggest that I lower my
price or give the unit away. I
would cut it up yeasterday.

Larry Evans
Kenova, WV