Last N&W diesel heading to scrap

Mon Aug 18 22:31:01 EDT 2008

AMEN! I couldn't help laughing at that, Jimmy. :) And I agree
whole-heartedly. I, for one, would be happy to see every locomotive GE
built scrapped, or at least parked in a museum where they can't hurt
anything.

Besides, one unit out of a fleet, in the middle of the diesel era, seems
much less significant than something like a Y6b. Those were truly the
last of a breed, and I cannot think of a more impressive specimen, nor
one more worthy of being saved.

Kenneth Rickman

Kenneth Rickman - krickman1 at carolina.rr.com
Salisbury, NC

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer!