Selected N&W RPO schedules

Sat Aug 16 04:07:37 EDT 2008

August 16, 2008

Good morning:

I've scanned a few Railway Mail Service schedules to satisfy a research request and thought I'd make a few available that are pertinent to the N&W and VGN.

SCHEDULE OF MAIL TRAINS #221 – 04/01/1898, THIRD DIVISION, RAILWAY MAIL SERVICE

http://www.railwaymailservicelibrary.org/ebay/03221003.jpg
Page 2 includes:
Notes and frequency symbols, locations of transfer offices, etc.

http://www.railwaymailservicelibrary.org/ebay/03221035.jpg
Pages 34-35 include:
Norfolk & Lynchburg RPO
Norfolk, Petersburg & Richmond RPO, et al.

http://www.railwaymailservicelibrary.org/ebay/03221041.jpg
Pages 40-41 include:
Roanoke & Winston RPO, et al.

SCHEDULE OF MAIL TRAINS #462 – 07/26/1927, THIRD DIVISION, RAILWAY MAIL SERVICE

http://www.railwaymailservicelibrary.org/ebay/03462003.jpg
http://www.railwaymailservicelibrary.org/ebay/03462005.jpg
http://www.railwaymailservicelibrary.org/ebay/03462007.jpg
Pages 2-7 include:
Notes and frequency symbols, locations of transfer offices and terminals, etc.

http://www.railwaymailservicelibrary.org/ebay/03462077.jpg
Norfolk & Richmond RPO
Norfolk & Roanoke RPO, et al.

http://www.railwaymailservicelibrary.org/ebay/03462099.jpg
Washington & Bristol RPO, et al.

The additional 1898 and 1927 pages for explanatory notes are required because there were many codes and symbols added during that 30-year period and some are different than in later year issues.

These files average 1.5 mb each so if you are using dial-up Internet service, they will take a while to download. I will leave these posted on the RMSL server for about 30 days, so that I recommend you download any images that you want and save them to your hard drive. If you use this information, kindly credit the RMSL and provide the contact information below.

Best wishes,

Dr. Frank R. Scheer, Curator
Railway Mail Service Library, Inc.
f_scheer at yahoo.com