Current Pix of 917 in Bellville

Wed Aug 13 15:32:53 EDT 2008

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 1:51 PM, Charlie wrote:

> Although I haven't been able to find a photo that is a direct side view,

> looking at photos of W2's, the front edge of the cab should be centered or

> maybe a litlle past center of the rear driver axle. Looks about right to

> me!

> Charlie

> Was the cab really in that location? It looks to be too far forward on

> the boiler.

OK. I'll go with that. It just looked to me, based on where the back of
the cab is, that there wasn't/isn't much room behind the boiler and that
the engineer would be jammed in right next to the firebox. If it is in the
proper location, did the fireman do all his work from the tender deck?

Bruce in Blacksburg