Riverton Junction

Mon Aug 4 21:45:31 EDT 2008

Could any of you gentlemen give me a brief history of Riverton Junction?  As far as, who built what first, what type or types of interlockings and towers/structures have been there, etc?

I remember some talk about it a few months ago but I can't find what I did with that subject matter.

I have also observed that the N&W was responsible for the installation and maintainence of some colorlight signals there on the Southern side.  Now, these signals, along with the N&W's Color Position Signals are on the extremely endangered list!  They won't be around too much longer.

Thanks,
Ben Blevins