West on the VGN at Ellett

Mon Jul 28 15:07:43 EDT 2008

The Peavine has also had, and still has to my knowledge, many strings of
stored piggy back flats in the now-unused sidings. But, the 100 myts may be
headed to storage rather than service.

As to actual train moves, NS 217 and NS 218 UPS piggy back trains, Calumet
Yard, Chicago to Greensboro NC, will frequently have many empties on the
Monday morning NS 218. NS 217 rarely has empties regardless of the time of
week. So some balancing seems to be required at times.

Gary Rolih

_____