N&W historic steam engine escapes scrap

Fri Jul 11 15:25:14 EDT 2008

That is great news!  Now, since one is on the way to a cosmetic restoration, maybe the others can be as well.

Ben Blevins

Subject: Re: N&W historic steam engine escapes scrap
Date: Friday, July 11, 2008, 9:12 AM

Hi Ben,
There is a group working on just that. Here is a news article from the Roanoke times that mentions the effort.  http://www.roanoke.com/business/wb/168901

It is going to take a lot of  help to accomplish  the saving of the rest of the Lost Engines so volunteers are welcome.
Andrew Martin
www.wvrps.org

This demonstrates that if there is a will, there's a way!  Of course these engines could be saved!  The only problem was, no one with the clout wants to push the issue to get it done.

They should all be saved.  I think that if some private individual wants to do it, then that's super!  If I had the money, then I'd buy one as well and put it behind my house if nothing else!

Maybe some other folks will come out of the woodwork and buy the rest of them up before the torch gets them.  Torching those old locomotives would be beyond disgraceful.

Ben Blevins