Catching the 475

Sun Jun 15 23:19:33 EDT 2008

Nathan -

First, you want to find out if the 475 is going to be operating on the days
you'll be there. Contact Rick Musser at rick at strasburgrailroad.com and ask
him what's going to be operating on what dates. The 475 has to be out of
service occasionally just like a real railroad, for boiler wash and other
maintenance. Rick is a good guy; he gave a presentation about the 475 to
our Roanoke Convention (I believe that was the one).

The best thing to do is to go to the Strasburg depot at Strasburg. There is
a lot to see there and at the Pennsylvania state RR museum across the
street, even if the 475 is not running. If it is not, you can still pay it
a visit in the Strasburg shop. There are several places you can catch the
Strasburg trains in action. In July, there's a chance they'll be operating
two trains, and making meets at their siding at Cherry Hill. And Strasburg
has a great book store, etc. And the Pennsy state museum has a lot of PRR
steam, diesel and electric stuff on display.

Strasburg is a great railroad location, well worth your time.

EdKing
Sent: Sunday, June 15, 2008 7:41 AM
Subject: Catching the 475