Crosstie Lane in Parrott

Sun Jun 8 13:44:43 EDT 2008

Bruce,

You are performing a valuable service in consolidating into a Web page the info being developed on the old high-grade line between New River and Belspring. I have three N&W Annual Report references that you may want to work into your text.

1888 N&W Annual Report

I do not have this annual report in front of me, but I recall that the curved bridge over the New River leading to Belspring and beyond was numbered 500 or 600 and completed in 1888. Someone else may be able to comment on this. I'll let you know if a later examination of this annual report reveals anything different.

1901 N&W Annual Report

"NEW RIVER CONNECTING BRANCH :

"This line was opened for traffic October 11, 1900. The Company has accepted an Act of the General Assembly of Virginia, approved February 15,1901, authorizing the abandonment of the old high-grade line between New River Depot and Back Creek, in Pulaski County."

1902 N&W Annual Report:

"Belspring . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ; Station building removed from old location on High Grade to new location."

Gordon Hamilton

Sent: Sunday, June 08, 2008 10:41 AM
Subject: Re: Crosstie Lane in Parrott