Vol.24 #2 Division of Divisions

Sun Jun 1 16:25:16 EDT 2008

Maybe it's because I came in long after the merger, but to me the
Hagerstown District and the H line are separate things. The former
refers to a portion of the (Virginia?) Division, while the latter refers
to the main line and associated tracks.

For example, I work on the Danville District. To me, that includes the
main line, the D, DW, H, J, K, L, M, O, and R lines, and all yards
between Linwood, Lynchburg, and Raleigh. A mention of any one of those
lines alone would refer to just that main line, sidings, and any
industries along the way.

Kenneth Rickman