Fw: N&W Railway Spittoon (eBay 290229411884)

Sat May 24 20:24:26 EDT 2008

Frank,

I checked Dwg. B38064 today and it has no pattern number reference, casting
(no pun intended) doubt on whether these cuspidors were cast in the N&W
foundry. The drawing specified cast iron with exterior painted black, 1"
raised letters; N&W and 1/8" wide stripes painted gold bronze. Enameled
white inside.

I originally located the above drawing by searching the database in
www.nwhs.org, using the following steps: The Archives, Browse the Archives,
Search Documents and enter "Cuspidor." You could use a similar search for
other station furniture. I remember seeing drawings of station stoves and
partners' desks (a big shop-made wooden desk where two seated employees
faced each other), but these desks may not have been used often in stations,
particularly smaller stations.

I know a fee schedule has been set up for ordering drawings, but I see that
the procedure has not added to the NWHS website yet. Otherwise the steps
would be Our Online Store The Commissary, Drawings from the Archives.

Gordon Hamilton