Hmmmm...an N&W G?

Mon May 19 13:08:46 EDT 2008

Jimmy,

Yes I did; it had eight drivers. The narrator also said that the engine was a 2-8-0 with 50-inch drivers and 30-inch pilot wheels [which all are the same as the G-1]. On one of the clearer approaches of the engine in the film, it shows the boiler tube pilot, the headlight, stack, domes, Belpaire boiler, cab and tender outline all showing the engine to be very similar or identical to the N&W's G-1. Could be coincidence, but probably not.

Bud Jeffries
Sent: Monday, May 19, 2008 9:16 AM
Subject: Re: Hmmmm...an N&W G?

Oops, I don't guess anybody tried counting the number of drivers on the loco in the film, did they?

Jimmy Lisle