Roanoke Rail Camera

Fri May 16 14:04:16 EDT 2008

On 5/16/08, Roger wrote:

> Hotel Roanoke has put up a web camera at the following URL. Found the link

> off of the Hotel Roanoke website. Click on the image to launch the live

> camera view. In my limited testing, it didn't work with firefox. Seems to be

> a internet explorer activex applet.

Seems to be a Windows-only thing -- which is too bad for us good folks
who use Macintosh computers. I had no luck
viewing anything but a blue browser window with Firefox, Opera, and Safari
on my Mac. Oh well, I guess I'll have to be
content with looking at the Virginia Tech campus with the web cams I
maintain -- which AREN'T platform specific.

Bruce in Blacksburg