N&W in 1907 -- Cave-in

Sat May 10 21:45:55 EDT 2008

Gary,

Thanks for the additional information that makes it easier to visualize what actually took place. Also, personal connections like yours keep items like my original posting from seeming so detached and impersonal.

Gordon Hamilton
Sent: Saturday, May 10, 2008 10:44 AM
Subject: Re: N&W in 1907 -- Cave-in

Gordon,

Actually, My great-great grandfather Johnson owned an expansive farm on the western side of Honaker tunnel and his acces road to the farm went west from the station and followed the N&W tracks west-ward and went around the tunnel to the right and re-joined the tracks all the way to the farm . My PawPaw Price fondly tells me of when he was a boy,taking the train to Honaker, climbing onto the horse drawn wagon and on to the farm. This would probally be the route that passengers used as it was in place in the late 1890"s

Gary Price

Keeping the ole' N&W safe...one tie at a time!