Tidewater In 1907

Thu Apr 17 21:04:17 EDT 2008

I had been posting items from the 1903 and 1904 Bluefield Daily Telegraph newspaper microfilms, but in early February I shifted my search for Bluefield and Princeton streetcar information to 1907. The problem is that the microfilm of the 1907 newspaper that I requested on January 29 did not arrive until this week. So, I am resuming posting interesting articles from the Bluefield newspaper, but for 1907 this goaround.

Tidewater Orders Eight Hundred Coal Cars
------
General Manager Raymond Dupuy, of the Tidewater railway, which is owned by H. H. Rogers, has placed an order for 800 coal cars for use on the Deepwater division, and as soon as this division is completed several thousand more cars will be ordered to be used in hauling coal to Norfolk.

Bluefield Daily Telegraph
January 1, 1907

Gordon Hamilton