Corrections - new Virginian book

Sun Apr 6 12:59:40 EDT 2008

This looks like a good time to start yet another Yahoo Group for the true Historians who want their material accurate. How about a group called "Arcadia Publishing Railroad Corrections"? In addition to the dicussion list, the corrections for each rail book can be entered in a folder in the database, which can be printed out and kept in the back of the book.

Russell Underwood

I expect that Arcadia is simply the printer and distributor. While they might edit the grammer they are not going to edit the content in terms of correctness, that is up to the author. My own pet peeve about these books is some of the information is inaccurate because the author hasn't bothered to take the time to find the correct information or doesn't know the information at hand is incorrect.

Not to excuse Arcadia, but I have found that a lot of the local pictures (Blacksburg, Christiansburg, N&W) have come from the Virginia Tech ImageBase, and the captions there are incorrect.