Response to National Archives map copies

Tue Mar 25 15:53:53 EDT 2008

Ken and all:

Good question and the answer simply is, YES. I don't
know all the details of registration on computers and
cameras, etc., but I see people using both digital and
film cameras periodically when I go there.

As always, you have to register when you come in, they
have standard government security at the entrance,
etc., but nothing against cameras, computers and I
don't think anything against scanners as well, but
you'll obviously have to have your own laptop.

If you get close to going, I can provide some basic
information as to how to get there, what floor the
maps are on and their "pull times" for the maps as it
is NOT like a library, per se. It what i think is
called "closed stacks."

Hope this helps you and anyone else considering going
there. Some days of the week or month have extended
hours until 9 PM so that is something worth knowing.
Motels in Montgomery County, MD are not terribly far
away, but traffic can be a major hassle, especially if
you don't know the roads.

Bob Cohen

Message: 2