Runaway at Jugneck?

Sat Mar 22 08:21:06 EDT 2008

OUCH!

I hope I never have to deal with one of those circumstances out here!

Ben Blevins
Re-Signaling the N&W

Harry,
How far did those diesels make it before they got them stopped? And, how did they stop them?

Ben Blevins

Ben-
They made it all the way to Glen Lyn, so I've been told.
The local was working the APCO plant. Thanks to radio,
the dispatcher was able to notify the crew to get the
heck away. The crew lined up along the right-of-way
and watched the smashing results.
Harry Bundy