FM Trainmasters

Mon Mar 17 17:56:38 EDT 2008

On 3/17/08, Gary wrote:

> Bruce: I think you are making an assumption that documentation exists

> that would prove/disprove, illuminate or otherwise describe that a decision

> was made- in writing- to save something or other, and that someone either

> executed the orders or didn't! Then you are assuming that such documents

> could be found in a complete form to describe the history of the 'event'

> accurately.

> Ain't necessarily so……. Just because something didn't happen doesn't mean

> that a conspiracy and a cover-up occurred.

Oh, I understand all that -- and I wasn't looking for "proof" of a
conspiracy or cover-up. But if there was a program in place to convert
old/dead/deprecated/whatever units into slugs, I
*assume* (and we know about that word) there must have been some plan of
action about how to proceed. It may or may not have listed
unit/frame/construction numbers, but at least having said plan in hand would
at least begin to offer information for those who are researching the demise
of any and all units.

Bruce in Blacksburg