Leonard Scott - The Man Who Named the Arrow

Mon Mar 10 23:07:41 EDT 2008

I can try to attach a scanned copy of the May 1946 N&W Magazine article, generously sent to me by one of the members, to see how that works. If it works okay I can scan and post four more original photos not used in the article. BTW - I'd still pay dearly for a complete original copy of the magazine itself. I have the April '46 issue, with all the info (except for the name) on the new train. The name wasn't announced in the magazine until the May issue. Vince Albert.> > Message: 3> Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 08:24:36 -0700 (PDT)> From: NW Mailing List <nw-mailing-list at nwhs.org>> Subject: Leonard Scott - The Man Who Named the Arrow> To: NW Mailing List <nw-mailing-list at nwhs.org>> Message-ID: <890066.58810.qm at web55512.mail.re4.yahoo.com>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset='us-ascii'> > Vince Albert recently commented on a photograph taken at Dry Branch, and mentioned that his Great Grandfather, Leonard Scott, who named the Powhatan Arrow, lived there.> > Vince, this is golden information ! Can you post a photograph of your Great Grandfather to the List, and tell us something about his life ?> > -- abram burnett>