former Wabash boxcars

Mon Mar 10 15:11:23 EDT 2008

I am hoping someone on the list can help me with some information about a couple of groups of Wabash boxcars. The first group I need help with were built in 1947-1948 nos. 88000-88199 and 88700-89299

What were the numbers assigned to these cars following the merger with N&W? Can someone tell me when they were withdrawn from service? and does anyone have a photograph of any cars from this series that shows it repainted in N&W livery?

The second group of cars was blt. 1942, 1944 nos. 86000-86874. Again, I am hoping to learn what were their post-merger numbers, how long they lasted in service, and hopefully someone can help me locate a photo of one of these cars repainted N&W.

Sincere thanks for any and all help.

Brent Greer

Dr. J. Brent Greer