Roanoke Branch line

Fri Feb 1 07:32:22 EST 2008

Ken,

I assume you're thinking of the Pumpkin Vine, which runs between Roanoke
and Winston-Salem, NC. It enters the N&W yard in downtown Roanoke,
right beside the shops, under Williamson Rd.

I was unaware that the Virginian yard had a hump. I would love to learn
more about the yard, if anyone has photos or maps. All I know about it
is what is still there today, and for the most part only the east end of it.

Kenneth Rickman