Saving Engines

Fri Jan 18 09:23:56 EST 2008

The attitude at NS, though probably not anti-preservation, is likely one of, "tell us what you need, and we'll try and do it." If a preservation group told NS they needed to move an object that weighs this much, NS would show up with the right equipment. But moving those engines is not a priority for NS, so I doubt we'll see them go the extra mile in this matter.
Marty Flick

Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2008 11:36 PM
Subject: Re: Saving Engines

"I found it odd that it was mentioned that the NS didn't know how much the locos weighed.
Jimmy Lisle"

"Why would NS know how much the engines weigh? They haven't been company property for 50 years. At this point, NS and most other class I's probably couldn't tell you how much a GP9 weighs.
Marty Flick"

Sorry Marty, I was caught in the act of assuming that there was someone at NS that had enough sense to do just a wee little bit of research.
Jimmy Lisle