The Cost Savings of Steam Today.

Fri Jan 11 16:37:05 EST 2008

Interesting discussion!

The A1 loco in the UK is basically a one-off museum
replica as I understand it.

The idea of steam in locomotives will probably see
more serious discussion as we move closer to depleting
the world's finite supply of petroleum. When that will
be is anybody's guess but couple current production
capacity with rising demand in emerging economies
(China, India, etc) it seems likely that oil prices
will rise dramatically in the 1st half of this
century.

Maybe then we'll finally see the Y7! ;-)

Cheers,

Mark Peele
Catonsville MD

N&W in N scale