Virginian / N&W Electric Hopper Cars

Sat Dec 29 09:42:12 EST 2007

Diagrams of two of the Virginian dumper cars are in
the TLC reprints of Virginian "Classification,
Diagrams & Data of Miscellaneous Equipment". These
are side diagrams only. AFAIK the reprints--kind of
vital to VGN models I think--are still available from
NWHS Commissary or the C&O Historical Society. As a
last resort TLC might still have them in stock and be
willing to sell them direct. My understanding is that
these reprints are made from drawings provided by our
friend Lloyd Lewis.

I suspect that there's also a lot of material in the
archives waiting for volunteer help to organize.(Okay;
I flunked Subtlety!).

Frank Bongiovanni