Rural Retreat recordings of December 1957

Sat Dec 29 08:06:56 EST 2007

My children refuse to even go to bed on Christmas Eve until I have read them the "Polar Express" while the sounds of O. Winston Link's recording at Rural Retreat plays in the background. It has become a family tradition that we all enjoy.

Living so close to Rural Retreat, this recording takes me on a personal journey as I can imagine this very train only minutes before sitting at the depot preparing to leave my hometown of Marion, Va. on its journey eastward toward Rural Retreat and into fame.

Gary Price
Keeping the N&W safe...one tie at a time