611 at Pearisburg, Aug 1959

Wed Dec 26 20:16:15 EST 2007

My guess is that this is an excursion, which would account for the lack
of head equipment and for the late date of operation of 611. Wish I
could remember more, as I was in Narrows on the date indicated. As far
as the track is concerned, the train is on the eastbound main, and
obviously is not making a station stop. Now, Sam the other vehicle is
hard to identify, but I don't think GM. Maybe International Harvester,
or even Rio? The orange paint is a puzzle, but could the whole scene
have something to do with AEPco? Seems to me they ran a steam excursion
for employees behind 611 about this time. Anybody else remember that
one? It is documented somewhere. If I could just remember where. Jim
Nichols