a 50th Anniversary tomorrow, December 24th

Mon Dec 24 14:59:07 EST 2007

Is this particular recording available? My grandfather worked at the Rural Retreat station in the 40s and early 50s. I would like to obtain a copy. Is this recording included in the Link collection available through The Commissary?
Thanks for the info.

Rick Huddle #3689
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2007 12:53 PM
Subject: a 50th Anniversary tomorrow, December 24th

As any N&W and O. Winston Link fan knows, the 24th of
December 2007 will be the 50th (has it really been
THAT long) anniversary of Link's audio masterpiece at
Rural Retreat, Va to the chimes of the Lutheran Church
there.

I often go to sleep rather smoothly, with a smile,
listening to those gentle sounds of a time which we
will not see again. Seldom do I hear the train come
rattling into town, opening and closing its' doors,
only to depart in less than 30 seconds to the same
gentle sounds to which it arrived.

Link really correographed that 12.5 minutes
magnificently with Hark The Herald Angels Sing, Silent
Night, It Came Upon a Midnight Clear, Silent Night
again and others in between, filling the night to a
departure of time we reminisce for and about.

Some people count sheep to go to sleep, ole nostagic
me ... I listen to the train.

Good Night and May God Bless.

Bob Cohen